In Bihar, the state director of the feeding program, R. Lakshamanan, told PTI that some students refused to eat the lunches Thursday in the wake of the tragedy.
Manju Devi, 30, ate some of the food and fainted. Her three children, ages 5, 8 and 13, fell ill as well. All were in stable condition Thursday.
PATNA, India Soon after they served the lunch they had prepared for dozens of children at a rural Indian school, the two cooks realized something was very wrong. The students started fainting. Within hours, they began dying.
The cooks, Manju Devi and Pano Devi, told The Associated Press that the principal controlled the food for the free daily lunch provided by the government at the school. On Tuesday Nike Women Air Max Thea morning, she gave them rice, potatoes, soy and other ingredients needed to prepare the meal and then went about her business. As the children ate, they started fainting, the cooks said.
Autopsies confirm children poisoned
In the southern state of Tamil Nadu, at least 100 girls became sick, vomiting and fainting, Air Max 2015 Flyknit Price
But with the country focused on the safety of the program Thursday, reports emerged that others had fallen ill across India.
"It's not a case of food poisoning. It's a case of poison in food in a large quantity, going by the instant deaths," Sinha said Thursday.
Amar said Thursday that the post mortem reports on the children who died confirmed that insecticide was either in the food or cooking oil.
Since then, the program has been replicated across the country, covering some 120 million schoolchildren. It's part of an effort to address concerns about malnutrition, which the government says nearly half of all Indian children suffer from.
In Maharashtra, dozens of students fell ill after drinking contaminated water, media reported.
been properly washed before it was cooked.
More answers were expected Friday, when a forensic laboratory was to issue the results of its tests on the dead children, the food and the uncooked grain stored by the principal in her house, he said. Police were searching for the principal, who fled after the students started falling sick, Sinha said.
India's midday meal plan is one of the world's biggest school nutrition programs. State governments have the freedom to decide on menus and timings of the meals, depending on local conditions and availability of food rations. It was first introduced in the 1960s in southern India, where it was seen as an incentive for poor parents to send their children to school.
Some of the victims were buried Wednesday in front of the school building in protest.
The two cooks were not spared either.
Some officials have said it appeared that the rice had somehow been tainted with insecticide and might not have Nike Air Max Tavas Light Grey
The free midday meal was served to the children Tuesday in Gandamal village in Masrakh block, 80 kilometres (50 miles) north of Patna, the Bihar state capital.
By the second day after that fateful meal, 23 children between the ages of 5 and 12 had died from eating food laced with insecticide and many others had fallen ill.
While Pano Devi, 35, didn't eat the tainted food, her three children did. Two of them died and the third, a 4 year old daughter, was in the hospital.
The national government announced it would set up a second committee to review the functioning of the meal program in addition to one that already monitors the program.
after eating lunches made with contaminated eggs, the Press Trust of India reported.
"There will be no remnant effects on them. The effects of poisoning will be washed after a certain period of time from the tissues," Amar said.
Although there have been Air Max Thea Blue Trainers
Those who survived the poison were unlikely to suffer from any serious aftereffects from the tainted food, said Patna Medical College hospital superintendent Amarkant Jha Amar.
"I will stop cooking at the school," she said. Doctors believed the food contained an organophosphate used as an insecticide, he said.
complaints about the quality of the food served and the lack of hygiene, the incident in Bihar appeared to be unprecedented for the massive food program.
Nike Air More Uptempo 2016 Buy
Nike Basketball Shoes Kyrie
Nike Air Max Shoes Price 2015
Nike Air Max Tavas Id
Nike Air Max Tavas Blue Sneakers
Air Max Tavas Black And Grey
Nike Air Max Tavas Junior Red
Air Max Thea Black Cut Out
All White Air Max 2015
Air Max Thea Neon Green
Foamposite Galaxy On Feet
Nike Air Max 2015 Gs
Nike Air Max Tavas With Shorts
Nike Air More Uptempo Pippen For Sale
Nike Zoom Uptempo 3.0